Thursday, January 22, 2009

What the Hell?


What we're doing here is a bizarre public service to the three or none of you out there who own one or many Citroen DS, ID, CX; who attempt to keep your cars alive without spending hardly any money.

This is public service might as well be considered fiction, as I'm not going to be Liable for you hurting yourself based on something you read here. Entertainment Purposes Only. This is like if Haynes manuals came filed under Gonzo Journalism.

Most Important: No Smart-Ass Encyclopedic Responses will be tolerated.

Nothing Personal, there are already places abound online for you to talk about what shade of Rose-Gris the air cleaner on a '67 DX1 engine ought to be. You can do that to your heart's content here. And here.

There will be no format nor promise of frequency.

Just a slightly bent view on what it's like living with a Citroen...

Cheers
-SRC

3 comments:

  1. Sean, I remember her. Is she well? I miss her. Are you well? Good to see what you're up to.
    Take care,
    Annie the cit-bomb's previous friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie!

    Though I'm not treating the wagon as well as I'd like, it's a daily driver still. One day it will hopefully go from work truck to garage queen, but the other cars in my life need to stop failing me.

    I've moved with it on three occasions, hauled engines and axles and photo gear, lived in it for a period of time I'm ashamed to admit to the length of and may have to again, and have a donor car with fresh body panels stored away. But the chassis is getting rickety and the hydraulics are out of tolerance in places.

    It soldiers on. I say if you want a reliable car, get a 68-71 Citroen. Four Volvos and a Camry later, this car is going to stay with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sean!

    If some big money fell on my head, when I came to, I would go out and get one! My 87 Volvo 240DL wagon has a mind of its own, the fuel pump likes to run over night and drain the battery, but I'm onto her now, I disconnect the cable and we'll limp along until the tax return shows up, then it's off to the mechanic for her! Give the old Citroen wagon a pat for me and you keep it up and stay adventurous!

    Annie

    ReplyDelete